Dabbawalla Monkey See Monkey Do Kids Backpack
These colorful, fresh designs are sized just right for preschoolers traveling to and from school, a toddler day trip or outing at the park, or a tote for overnight adventures. Bright graphics and functional simplicity set these bags apart - the perfect antidote to oversized, bulky backpacks sold at mass retailers. Flexible, strong, and built to last, Dabbawalla Backpacks are crafted from a unique foam textile called TPE, that is an environmentally friendly alternative to synthetic rubber. TPE is a revolutionary material that is biodegradable, recyclable, washable, and 100% toxic free. Your new back pack is PVC-free, BPA-free, lead-free, and phthlate-free.
Unlike conventional kids' backpacks which are often stiff and oversized, Dabbawalla backpacks are soft and sized for comfort. They are specifically designed to comfortably fit preschoolers. Well-designed features include two inside mesh pockets and one outside pocket for organizing gear, flexible and adjustable straps, sturdy grip handle on top, reinforced seams for added strength, and wide zipper openings.
Dabbawalla Bags are all about fun and function! Modern bags for kids on the go! Smart design plus remarkable material create a wonderful bag your little one will adore.
- Designed as a preschooler or toddler first backpack
- Perfect for carrying gear and lunch to school, day trips, and sleepovers
- Dimensions: 12"H x 11"W x 6"D
- Convenient dual function so you can grab and go on the run or wear as a backpack
- Flexible, comfortable, adjustable straps
- Sturdy grip handle on top
- One outside back pocket
- Two inside mesh pockets
- Machine washable in front loaders or hand wash; easily air dry / drip dry
- 100% toxic-free, including no lead, BPA, phthalates or PVC
- Only water based adhesives are used so the bag is solvent free and contains no residual VOC’s
- Designed in Seattle and responsibly made in Taiwan at a small family-owned sewing facility, dedicated to fair labor practices. Each bag is crafted individually, and may have subtle differences which add to their unique charmm
"da - ba - wa - lla":
1. A person in India who carries lunch boxes to office workers.
2. A stylish, practical bag for little people on the go
Frustrated by the lack of functional, appropriately-sized bags available for children, sisters Susan Givens and Carol Mack teamed up to create Dabbawalla Bags. Inspired by the functional simplicity of European design, the launch product line is sized specifically for preschool and early elementary school children. You’ll find no cartoon characters or action figures, no utilitarian oversized styles that mimic adult packs – just simple, colorful designs that kids of all ages can relate to.
The name Dabbawalla was inspired by Susan’s travels in India where she was fascinated with the complex system of lunch box delivery men known as dabbawallas.
The mission at Dabbawalla Bags is simple: design fun, functional bags that appeal to both kids and adults while promoting social responsibility. The bags are crafted by sewers who earn fair wages in safe working conditions, and Dabbawalla Bags conducts business with companies who support this commitment.